Sat, 08 Jul|
Bay Health Festivals: Lancaster
Join us in Dalton Square, Lancaster, from 10am to 4pm on Saturday July 8 for a host of fun activities, educational stalls, live entertainment and much more. You'll be able to learn about how small changes in your lifestyle can have a big impact on body and mind.
Time & Location
08 Jul 2023, 10:00 – 16:00
Lancaster, Dalton Square, Lancaster LA1 1PL, UK
About the Event
Join us in Dalton Square for a day packed with inspiration for ways to live your best life. From free health checks and interactive activities to opportunities to connect with leading health and wellbeing organisations, there's something for everyone!
You can also enjoy a day of live entertainment, food and drink, and much more.
Interactive sessions and activities
- Health checks - Provided by Choose Health, a not for profit company created to deliver high quality healthcare services to the communities in Lancashire and beyond
- Facepainting - Fun activity from the team at Lancaster’s Marsh Community Centre
- Self defence workshops - Delivered by Morecambe-based self-defence school Kogen Ryu Martial Arts
- Remembrance Corner - Organised by Lancaster’s Churches Together network
- Let’s Be Friends - Charity working to break the cycle of homelessness
- Citizens Advice - Local branch of the national legal advice and support charity
- Breathe Easy Lancaster & Morecambe - Support group open to anyone aged 18 and over living with asthma, COPD and other breathing conditions
- Out in the Bay - Support for LGBTQI people and the wider community within the Lancaster district.
- Age UK Lancashire - Charity supporting older people in Lancashire
- The Bay - Nature and wellbeing programme, offering the opportunity to get outdoors and connect with nature
- Galloway’s - Sight loss charity serving Lancashire and Sefton
- Achieve, Change and Engagement (A.C.E) - Charity providing free emotional health and wellbeing therapy
- Social Ease Cafe/Prop-Up Project - Safe space and projects for adults and young people battling mental health issues and life's challenges
- Red Rose Recovery - Creating opportunities for people affected by substance misuse, mental health and offending behaviours
- Lancaster City Council Community Connectors - Community space encouraging residents to share thoughts and ideas about local issues and initiatives
- The Growing Club - Not-for-profit organisation, facilitating fantastic skills and business training, creating opportunities for women
- Children Family Wellbeing Service - Support for children and families from Lancashire County Council
- St John’s Hospice - Lancaster hospice offering free palliative care to patients with life shortening conditions
- Lancashire County Council Public/Population Health - Information and guidance on healthy lifestyles
- Growing Well - Mental health charity, based at an organic fruit & veg farm and training centre
- Lancaster Men’s Hub - Charity created to support men of all ages in the Lancaster area with their physical and mental health through a wide variety of activities
- Lancaster District CVS - Guiding, representing and supporting over 500 charities across Lancaster district.
- Bay Hospitals Charity - Supporting staff and patients at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust