Upcoming Events in Lancaster
We have a mix of online and in person events for the health festival on the 7th-10th of July and pre-festival events every month!
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Olive BarWriting is good for you! Whether you are an avid writer or someone that’s always fancied having a go, this workshop is for you. Guided exercises will give you the tools to experiment with language and unlock your imagination.
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Cafe BarDo you work in health and have interest or experience in offering creative and artistic responses to supporting wellbeing? Do you work in the arts and have interest or experience in addressing health and wellbeing through your work?
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Olive BarMusical Director and voice specialist Loz Kaye leads a discussion on the impact of COVID on community singing. Singing groups are an important part of Lancashire's cultural scene, they are a popular leisure activity and an important part of community wellbeing.
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Main HallThere are 206 bones in the human skeleton (give or take a few). When asked to describe their bones, people often use words like hard, solid or strong. We know that our bones have the ability to repair themselves if they break, but it often comes as a surprise to learn that bone is a living tissue.
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Main HallGood for the body and soul, Lindy Hop is an African - American jazz dance from the 1920-40. In this session, we will be celebrating this groundbreaking dance through demonstrations, discussions and a workshop on simple jazz steps. From 16+
- Sat, 09 JulDalton SquareWe offer support advice a listening ear and a place of safety for our members to DropIn for a chat and a brew or participate in sessions ( all seated ) such as Re-Set Neuro Fitness, Somatic Dance with Dr Mel , Singing for Wellbeing, Art for Wellbeing , Mindfulness, Movement and Music.