Upcoming Events in Lancaster
Throughout the weekend we have a range of bookable events and workshops!
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Olive BarWriting is good for you! Whether you are an avid writer or someone that’s always fancied having a go, this workshop is for you. Guided exercises will give you the tools to experiment with language and unlock your imagination.
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Cafe BarDo you work in health and have interest or experience in offering creative and artistic responses to supporting wellbeing? Do you work in the arts and have interest or experience in addressing health and wellbeing through your work?
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Olive BarMusical Director and voice specialist Loz Kaye leads a discussion on the impact of COVID on community singing. Singing groups are an important part of Lancashire's cultural scene, they are a popular leisure activity and an important part of community wellbeing.
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Main HallThere are 206 bones in the human skeleton (give or take a few). When asked to describe their bones, people often use words like hard, solid or strong. We know that our bones have the ability to repair themselves if they break, but it often comes as a surprise to learn that bone is a living tissue.
- Fri, 08 JulThe Gregson - Main HallGood for the body and soul, Lindy Hop is an African - American jazz dance from the 1920-40. In this session, we will be celebrating this groundbreaking dance through demonstrations, discussions and a workshop on simple jazz steps. From 16+
- Sat, 09 JulThe Gregson - Main HallThe Marketplace and I Exhibition Guided Tour - Commercial experiences of disability explored through art (1)What is it like to shop when disabled? Celebrating the diversity of disability and prioritising ability over disability, The Marketplace and I exhibition explores disabled experiences in shops, pubs, theme parks. At this session you can join Dr Leighanne Higgins on this interactive guided tour.
- Sat, 09 JulThe Gregson - Olive BarAndi (who has been teaching since 2011) will show you how to do some simple but effective warm-up and self-care exercises from the qigong tradition, introduce the t'ai chi approach to improved balance and take you through a short, calming awareness exercise.
- Sat, 09 JulThe Gregson - Main HallEverybody Dance with DanceSyndrome: Dance class and social' - Join Dave & Dave for a fun and inclusive dance session to get moving whether standing up or sitting down - We guarantee you'll have a wonderful time". Class 12.15 – 12.45, Social time and refreshments 12.45-1.30
- Sat, 09 JulThe Gregson - Main HallThere are 206 bones in the human skeleton (give or take a few). When asked to describe their bones, people often use words like hard, solid or strong. We know that our bones have the ability to repair themselves if they break, but it often comes as a surprise to learn that bone is a living tissue.
- Sat, 09 JulThe Gregson - Main HallBring a friend or make some new ones as we pair up for the first hour to focus on the particularly challenging body parts to draw. Followed by practice of the full anatomy from a live model. This is a casual, non-tutored session. No drawing experience required, everyone is welcome.